How do we address the attacks and bans to outlaw racial justice education and trainings and the attempts to literally whitewash U.S. history? How do we not lose the momentum of this past year to make deep transformational change, addressing institutional inequities, white supremacy, and racist policing?
The SpeakOut Summer Institute 2021 offers campus faculty and professional staff healing-centered pedagogy, models, and tools for creating a new anti-racist normal in our institutions and communities.
FOR GROUPS & GROUP RATES: Contact [email protected]
All who register will receive access links to watch live,
plus recordings to watch later.
ASL and English captioning provided.
Summer Institute Schedule-at-a-Glance:
Sessions are daily from 10am - 12:30pm PT • 11am - 1:30pm MT • 12pm - 2:30pm CT • and 1pm - 3:30pm ET.
The last 30 minutes of each day will be a post-session discussion with other attendees.
Monday, July 12, 2021
- Social Justice, Healing, and Radical Imagination in Higher Education with Shakti Butler and Andrew Jolivette
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
- Trauma-Informed Pedagogy: Transforming Trauma into Thrivance to Create Healthy Learning Environments with Stacey Patton
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
- Challenging White Supremacy Through Community Care with SHIFT - Natalie Bui, Kausar Mohammed, and Aaliyah Sade
- Our Struggle is Sacred: Finding Resilience and Calm in a Chaotic World with Rahuldeep Singh
Thursday, July 15, 2021
- Transforming Campus Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Work to Realize Deep Institutional Change with Melina Abdullah, Amer F. Ahmed, Nolan Cabrera, Veline Mojarro, and Megan Red Shirt-Shaw
All sessions will have ASL and closed-captioning available.
IMPORTANT: Each participant must register individually.
You will receive unique session links closer to the start of the Institute
as well as a detailed Summer Institute Program.