How do we not lose the momentum of this past year to make deep transformational change, addressing institutional inequities, white supremacy, and racist policing? How do we address the attacks and bans to outlaw racial justice education and trainings and the attempts to literally whitewash U.S. history?
Those were some of the questions addressed at SpeakOut's Summer Institute 2021 for Campus Faculty and Professional Staff. Four days of sessions provided healing-centered pedagogy, models, and tools for creating a new anti-racist normal in our institutions and communities.
ASL and English captioning provided.
Summer Institute Schedule-at-a-Glance:
Sessions took place daily from 10am - 12:30pm PT • 11am - 1:30pm MT • 12pm - 2:30pm CT • and 1pm - 3:30pm ET.
The last 30 minutes of each day was a post-session discussion with other attendees.
Monday, July 12, 2021
- Social Justice, Healing, and Radical Imagination in Higher Education with Shakti Butler and Andrew Jolivette
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
- Trauma-Informed Pedagogy: Transforming Trauma into Thrivance to Create Healthy Learning Environments with Stacey Patton
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
- Challenging White Supremacy Through Community Care with SHIFT - Natalie Bui, Kausar Mohammed, and Aaliyah Sade
- Our Struggle is Sacred: Finding Resilience and Calm in a Chaotic World with Rahuldeep Singh
Thursday, July 15, 2021
- Transforming Campus Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Work to Realize Deep Institutional Change with Melina Abdullah, Amer F. Ahmed, Nolan Cabrera, and Veline Mojarro